• Box Butte General Hospital has summer internships available for sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Applications are available online.

• Cheerleading tryouts are underway! Sign up in Ms. Smith's room to receive a packet.

• Seniors!!! Send your senior and baby pictures to Mrs. Brock by April 1!

Luke Perry: Devastating Death

Luke Perry: Devastating Death

Brielle Alwin, Staff Writer

On March 4, 2019 at St. Joseph Medical Center Burbank in California, actor Luke Perry died after suffering a stroke on February 28. Luke was a famous actor known for his appearance in multiple movies and television series. 

Perry’s most well known performance was in the movie, 8 Seconds, in 1994. Luke portrayed Lane Frost, a small town cowboy who had dreams of becoming a professional bull-riding champion. The story unfolds as Frost battles injuries and a struggling marriage.

Perry also starred in many other movies including: Buffy The Vampire Slayer, The Fifth Element, Goodnight For Justice, The Beat Beneath My Feet, and Love in Paradise along with many others. Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, Perry’s most recent film, will be released in July.

Luke’s most famous television series were Beverly Hills, 90210 and Riverdale. Beverly Hills, 90210 depicts the lives of friends leaving high school and continuing into college and adulthood. While covering love triangles and romantic encounters, 90210 also covered serious issues of the time. Perry played Dylan McKay, a complex man with many personal issues such as alcoholism and the arrest of his father.

Riverdale is narrated through the stories of Jughead Jones of a small town that is full of secrets. Embezzlement, drugs, murder, and the town newspaper keeps the town of Riverdale buzzing with theories and crime solving high school students. Perry portrays Fred Andrews, a construction business owner and the father of Archie Andrews.

Perry also performed in Mortal Kombat: Defenders of the Realm, Jeremiah, John Cincincinnati, Windfall, Ties That Bind, and many others.

Luke Perry’s death was shocking. He has touched the lives of many fans from all his works. Social media has been taken over with memorial posts from costars, family, and fans. Gaining stardom young and continuing his talent for the continuation of his life has allowed Perry to help create many famous films and series. His memory will forever be in the hearts of every life he has touched.

Brielle Alwin, Staff Writer

I'm Brielle Alwin. I'm a senior here at AHS and this is my first year with the SPUD. I am seventeen years old and have lived in Alliance for thirteen years.

I...