Las Vegas Shooting

A street vigil held at Las Vegas Boulevard and Sahara Avenue, October 2, 2017. photograph by Matt Stuart—Magnum for TIME

Ashley Adamson, Staff Writer

Las Vegas Shooting, should students or anyone else be afraid to attend concerts? On Sunday September 30, sixty- four year old gunman, Stephen Paddock shot up a country festival. He killed a total of 59 people and injured 489. No one seems to know what his motive was because the evidence they have show he has no criminal record and most of his life was kept secret.

Paddock checked into the Mandalay Bay Hotel on Thursday September, 28. He had 10 guns with him in the hotel and had cameras set up so he could keep an eye out for anyone coming to his room. When he saw the cops outside his door he knew there was no way out of the room, so he committed suicide by shooting himself. His 62 year old girlfriend knew about the entire thing, but Paddock set her out of the country with $100,000 and told her to buy a house for her and her family. She claims she did not know anything about this incidnet and was just afraid he was going to leave her. So the question is, should we be afraid to attend concerts? Should we have more strict gun control?  

Parents and victims of the December 14th Sandy Hook shooting are calling out for more gun control, after hearing about the Las Vegas shooting. “So many loved ones were lost.”  Families of the victims have mourned over losing their loved ones. Their sadness has turned into anger leading them to emailing congress stating “Your prayers mean nothing without action.”  

Parents and children are now afraid for their loved ones to attend concerts. Moms’ call out how come we never talk about any of this, the only time we talk is when it fits our own narritive. Let’s help moms and others keep their loved ones safe from angry men with guns. Even though we are a small town and things like this is very unlikley to happen here, our mothers still worry for our safety.