Upcoming Games: January 2019

Aubrie Lawrence, Editor-in-Chief

It’s a new year Spudsters, and you know what that means: new games! This season is jam packed full of re-releases of all the classic games that are adored, as well as a few new releases. Let’s check out some of the new games coming out this month.

Hell Warders- January 17

Scavenge the land for materials to build the perfect defense towers. You and your friends must build your defenses to defeat epic enemies ranging from giant, earth-shattering wrums to magic wielding lynches. It is up to you, the enemy will not wait.

Console: PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch

Publisher: PQube

Developer: Anti Gravity Game Studios

Genre: Fighting

Resident Evil 2 January 25

A remake of the 1998 game Resident Evil, Resident Evil 2 follows rookie police officer Leon S. Kennedy and college student Claire Redfield as they attempt to escape Raccoon City. Their only trouble? The city is infested with zombies. It is up to the player to help these two characters successfully navigate their way to safety.

Console: PS4, Xbox One, PC

Publisher: Capcom

Developer: Capcom

Genre: Survival Horror

Kingdom Hearts 3- January 29

After the events of Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, returning protagonist, Sora is joined by Riku in the search for the seven Guardians of Light and the “Key to Return Hearts” to end the restored Master Xehanort’s plan bring around the second Keyblade War. Along the way they meet unlikely friends such as; Donald Duck, Goofy, Mickey Mouse, as well as several Pixar characters.

Console: PS4, Xbox One

Publisher: Square Enix Co., Ltd.

Developer: Square Enix Co., Ltd.

Genre: Action role-playing

These games are a great way to start the year off right. Be sure to check out any of these games, or any of the other games coming out this month. I will see you next month Spudsters. Happy gaming!