• Come support the boys basketball team as they take on St. Thomas Moore this Friday at 3:30 pm!

• Seniors!!! Send your senior and baby pictures to Madison Gibson or Mrs. Brock by April for the yearbook!

• WNCC spring registration is now open.

• Any girl interested in going out for tennis, there will be a meeting in the art room after school on December 13.

• Come support the girls basketball team as they take on St. Thomas Moore this Thursday at 3:30 pm!

Upcoming Games: March 2018

Upcoming Games: March 2018

Aubrie Lawrence, Junior Website Editor

The month of luck is upon us, and this year, the pot of gold holds several games that have been holding the anticipation of gamers across the world. So sit back and explore the new games coming out this month.

Golem – March 13th

You play as an adventurous, young child that is stuck in their room due to an injury. As you dream of exploring the outside world, you discover the power to build small stone creatures called golems. These golems help you explore the world outside the confines of your room. Gradually your powers will grow until you can build a 15 foot golem that will help you to explore an old abandoned city.

Console: PSVR

Publisher: Highwire Games

Developer: Highwire Games

Genre: Adventure Game

Surviving Mars – March 15th

In Surviving Mars, you play as a colony of humans who are the first to call Mars their home. You must choose a space agency that will provide finances and supplies to help you on your mission. Build domes, infrastructures, research new possibilities for life, and utilize your domes to shape your settlement. Will you be able to survive the harsh new environment of Mars?

Console: PC, PS4, Xbox One

Publisher: Paradox Interactive

Developer: Haemimont Games

Genre: Simulation Video Game, Strategy video game

Valkyria Chronicles 4 – March 21st

In the year 1935 EC, the continent of Europa is engulfed in the Second Europan War between the Atlantic Federation and the Autocratic Eastern Imperial Alliance. While the imperial military machine threatens to consume all that is good.  The Federation, sees the idea of victory is slowly slipping away, so it executes Operation Northern Cross: a last-ditch attempt to capture the imperial capital and end the war. With this mission in order, Commander Claude Wallace and his loyal childhood friends in Squad E are sent to fight for the desperate operation’s success. They will endure harsh elements, waves of imperial soldiers, and the terrifying Valkyria that will lead them to the terrifying truth about the Federation they thought they knew.

Console: PS4

Publisher: Sega

Developer: Sega

Genre: Tactical role-playing game

Far Cry 5 – March 27th

Set in the fictional town of Hope County, Montana, a preacher named Joseph Seed has risen to power. Seed believes that he has been chosen to protect the people of Hope County from an “inevitable collapse” and has established a congregation called Eden’s Gate. In reality, Seed is a radical preacher and Eden’s Gate is a militaristic doomsday cult, but he believes that he was called by God to fulfill his mission. With the help of his three siblings; Jacob, John, and Faith, Seed has held the residents of Eden’s Gate on a string. When an attempt to arrest Seed ends with the deaths of several lawmen, you, the sheriff’s deputy, are pulled into the conflict of Eden’s Gate and the residents of Hope County.

Console: PC, PS4, Xbox One

Publisher: Ubisoft

Developer: Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft Reflections, Ubisoft Shanghai, Ubisoft Ukraine, Ubisoft Toronto

Genre: Action-adventure game, First-person shooter

Now that the snow has begun to melt, you may travel to the end of the rainbow and pick up a new game that will help you spring into the warm weather that is sure to follow these hot new releases.

More Games coming out in March

Devil May Cry HD Collection – March 13th (PC, PS4, Xbox One)

Attack on Titan 2 – March 20th (PC, Switch, PS4, Xbox One)

A Way Out – March 23rd  (PC, PS4, Xbox One)

Agony – March 30th (PC, PS4, Xbox One)

Aubrie Lawrence, Editor-in-Chief

Hi! I’m Aubrie Lawrence. This is my third year writing for the SPUD. I am a Senior here at AHS, and I am the Editor-in-Chief for the SPUD. I am the oldest...