Why Dogs are the Best

Tabi Stanec’s dog, Mac.

Allexis Rolstad, Staff Writer

Dogs have really earned their title as “man’s best friend”. Anyone who has ever owned a dog would know that getting one is one of the most rewarding things you could ever do for yourself.
Dogs just always seem to know when you’re having a bad day and always know how to fix it. No one will ever be more excited to see you once you get home than your dogs. They can really teach you a lot about love and respect if you treat him/her right. They will sometimes even love you way more than they love themselves.
“Dogs make for great company and comfort. Whenever I’m upset, my dog will come into my bed, crawl under my blankets, and snuggle into my side. Dogs also allow me to express myself and have fun at the same time, and make me feel more welcomed.” Kylie Adams, a sophomore, said.
Cats are a nice pet to have, but a dog will always remain loyal and loving while a cat is more independent and unwilling to come to you. Smaller animals like hamsters and rabbits are also fun pets to have, but a dog is way more cuddly and interacts with you more. A lot of animals make great pets but none of them can add up to the amount of love and devotion a dog will give you.
Julia Carlson, a freshman, doesn’t prefer any pets. “Honestly if I had the choice between a dog or homework, I’d definitely choose homework. Why you ask? It’s because dogs scare me.”
There is no doubt that a dog requires a lot of responsibility. From having to feed them frequently, walking them daily and grooming them regularly, dogs can really be a handful. Many people believe that owning one is annoying and just an extra responsibility that they do not have time for. These people are just really missing out on the many adventures and the unconditional companionship that having a dog entails.