Gering Native on the Bachelor

Gering Native on the Bachelor

Peyton Stoike, Staff Writer

A local Gering native, Jade Roper, is on the ABC show “The Bachelor”. Jade is one of the thirty girls that are on season 19, or Chris Soule’s season. Soules gave the 2005 Gering High School graduate the second rose of the night, which is a symbol that Jade will move on to the next week. She will be one of the twenty-six girls that move on to week two.

Roper worked for Ron and Sara Schluter at the Emporium in Scottsbluff, as a waitress. She then became a baker after attending Western Nebraska Community College, and graduating from a culinary school. Jade then moved from Gering to Los Angles to start up her own business as a cosmetics developer. Ron Schluter says they couldn’t be more excited for Roper, who is now a model and cosmetics developer in Los Angeles.

The bachelor, Chris Soules, is from Arlington, a small town in Iowa. He was a final contender on season 18, Andi’s season. After he went home from season 18, he then became the bachelor of season 19. He tells ABC that he is ready to find love and that he believes his wife could be one of the 26 girls moving onto week two.

The Bachelor is on Monday nights, 8/7pm central time, if there are any viewers who would like to watch Jade compete for Chris’s heart. All the viewers from Nebraska wish Jade the best of luck on this journey to hopefully win over Soules.