• Graduation will be held on Sunday, May 14 at 2pm at Bulldog Stadium!

• Good luck to Alliance Track & Field at districts on May 11th!

• SENIORS!! Make sure to get your baby pictures to Mrs. Brock by the end of the month!

Paper Towns and Looking For Alaska Book Review

Peyton Stoike, Staff Writer

Paper Towns is the most recent book written by John Green that is becoming a movie. The book was published October 16, 2008. Paper Towns was number five on the New York Times Bestseller List. The novel also won the 2009 Edgar Award for Best Young Adult Mystery. The novel is about a girl named Margo who plans a huge escape. Graduation is just a couple of weeks away and Margo decides to start her eleven-step plan to get out of Florida. She entrusts the plan with her childhood friend, Quentin. Quentin and Margo go through the eleven-step plan, but in the morning, Margo doesn’t show up to school. Margo leaves clues for Quentin to where she has disappeared to and why. Quentin follows the clues and tries to figure out what Margo wants.

Paper Towns started filming on November 3, 2014. The movie will premiere in theaters on June 19, 2015. The movie is being directed by Jake Schreir. Cara Delevingne is playing the character of Margo Roth Spiegelman. Nat Wolff is playing the character Quentin Jacobsen. Other actors on the Paper Towns cast list include Meg Crosbie, Halston Sage, Austin Abrams, and Justice Smith.

Another novel written by John Green is Looking For Alaska. The book was published in March 2005. Looking For Alaska was a finalist in the 2005 Los Angeles Times Book Prize. In 2006, the novel won the Michael L. Printz Award. Looking For Alaska was in the Top 10 Best Book for Young Adults in 2006. The novel also won the Teens’ Top 10 Award. It was also the 2006 Quick Pick for Reluctant Young Adult Readers.

Looking For Alaska is about a young adult named Miles. He gets sent off to a boarding school and his life suddenly changes when he meets Alaska. The setting of boarding school is different for Miles and he quickly learns to fit in and become one of them. Miles, Alaska, and their friends go on wild adventures. There life is drastically changed when one accident happens.

John Green tweeted on June 25, 2014, “So excited to announce that the brilliant filmmaker Sarah Polley will be writing and directing a film adaptation of Looking for Alaska.” There has not been a release date for the film Looking For Alaska yet.

This movie will be the third of the John Green books to hit the big screen after Fault In Our Stars, and Paper Towns. The John Green readers are looking forwards to these movies and hopefully that his other books hit the movies too.