Mr. Thomas

Mr. Thomas

Jamie Brooks, Staff Writer

Today I interviewed Brent Thomas at Alliance High School. He is an Ag, welding, and wood teacher. This is Mr. Thomas’s third year teaching, he taught at Speer High School for two years and this is his first year teaching at AHS. He went to high school here, in Alliance, then for college, he went to Curtis Nebraska where he got his Ag business degree and agronomy degree. After that, he went to UNL for two years to get his ag education degree. Mr. Thomas mainly decided to become a teacher for the kids. He said, “It’s super important to make an impact and he remembers when he was in high school on how hard it really was and I think it’s super important that you as students have somebody in your corner fighting for you.” His favorite part about teaching is the students and seeing what they do and become as the year goes on. One of Mr. Thomas’s favorite subjects to teach is anything with plants he really enjoys teaching it to others and learning about it himself. In Mr. Thomas’s free time he enjoys going ice fishing, coaching wrestling, and being a great FFA advisor. If Mr. Thomas didn’t go into teaching; he would be farming or working as an agronomist. A piece of advice Mr. Thomas said he always gives out is, “hard work and talent is something you can work on and you should strive every day to set the best example and reputation for yourself as you can”. I hope Mr. Thomas has a good year teaching the students!