Mrs. Vivion

Mrs. Vivion

Jamie Brooks, Staff Writer

This is Ashtyn Vivion’s 5th year of teaching all of which have been at Alliance High School. Mrs. Vivion took a non-traditional route to teaching. She did not major in education, but rather she got a transitional certification in agriculture science. When an ag position opened she took the job. Mrs. Vivion said, “that due to her positive experience in the ag world as a high school student she thought it would be a good fit.” She followed with, “Once I started I loved it”. She did not always want to be a teacher, she knew she wanted to go into the ag industry but didn’t know what it was going to look like;  ruminant nutrition, maybe vets school. Vivion was in ag banking a little bit before she came here. She thought she was ignoring all the signs but here she is teaching at AHS’. “Most days are fun, there is a lot of stress that comes around with it.” Vivion said, “if you focus on the good, it’s the best job in the world!”  Mrs. Vivion is the oldest of 3 siblings, she and her husband ranch south of Alliance and have an 18-month-old daughter. Her hobbies outside of school revolve around the ranch: working and taking care of the cows. They try to fit in a game of golf during the summer. Mrs. Vivion wouldn’t trade her job for anything.