Mr. Bryon Olson: The Director of Special Education and Early Childhood

Ashley Adamson, Staff Writer

Mr. Olson, the Director of Special Education and Early Childhood, has been married to his high school sweetheart, Lisa, for 29 years.  He has two children, Joshua is 27 and Elizabeth is 23. His daughter even has a youtube channel “ Elizabeth Paige” that you can look up.

Mr. Olson went to high school at Bellevue East and went to college at University of Nebraska in Omaha. He started out as an Accounting Major, but decided that he wanted to help students with significant disabilities obtain jobs and become independent.

Mr. Olson started teaching 7-12 grade resource, in Hamburg, Iowa State, and coached football for 4 years, where they were corner conference undefeated champions and went all the way to state playoffs during his last year there. He then went on to teach 8th grade math and 8th grade resource, at Lewis Central and coached 7th grade football for two years. Mr. Olson went to work for the Defense Finance and Accounting Service for 2 years where he coached T-Ball and baseball and taught with Bellevue Public Schools grades in 9-12 for 7 years. Mr. Olson supervised Project Recovery and Workforce Investment Act students for 7 years and Administrations for 7 years.

It is Mr. Bryon Olson’s first year as the Director of Special Education and Early Childhood in Alliance. During his free time, he likes to spend time with his  family and friends, watching football, traveling, and being outdoors. Mr. Olson also likes to spend time in the summer tracking Drum Corp International, particularly with the  Blue Devils from Concord CA.