Mr. Derrick Wells: History

Taylor Manion, Staff Writer

Mr. Derrick Wells has taught at Alliance High School for three years and during those few short years. He has become one of the most well recognized teachers thanks to his outgoing attitude and loud voice. He teaches Holocaust History, Social Studies 9, and America at War. Mr. Wells’ favorite thing about teaching is that he loves to expose students to new information. He said that his favorite subject to teach is Holocaust History because it makes the students think at a higher level.

Before teaching in Alliance, he was a helper and a coach at Omaha High School. During this time, he also worked in construction.

Mr. Wells graduated from Alliance High School in 2006. He then furthered his education and went to University of Nebraska-Kearney to obtain a degree in history. He then returned to get his teaching endorsement. He got through college all four years of getting a degree in history. He graduated in 2010.

Mr. Wells enjoys spending time with his girlfriend, Emilee, who teaches in Scottsbluff. While Mr. Wells has no children, he says his dog Zeb is his child.

His out-of-school hobbies are construction work, shooting, and golf. He coaches 7th grade football, and middle school wrestling, and track.