AHS One Act

Kathleen Kuzmic, Staff Writer

November 16, 2016, was the day of the Alliance High school’s first One Act performance, “Bad Auditions by Bad Actors”. The show displays a series of lousy actors and actresses who each audition for a part in Shakespeare’s famous ‘Romeo and Juliet’, but create a large mess for the the ‘producers’.

The cast and crew of the play traveled to Gering to present their comedy to a set of judges. Alliance, along with five other schools in the panhandle, performed their pieces. Although this performance was not staged to compete with the other schools, the judges’ feedback was critical for their future presentations. 

On November 29, the AHS One Act team will present their skit to Westco employees and serve them a delectable dinner as tribute for Westco’s persistent donations throughout the years.

Following this performance, the team’s first public demonstration will be displayed on the nights of December 1 and 2. These few shows are all practice productions, as the real gig, or more formally the B6 Districts, will be held December 3, in Sidney, Nebraska. Districts will be their final performance of the year, as well as competition day, unless they qualify for state One Act. Multiple plays, such as the ones the AHS One Act students encountered in Gering, will be produced throughout the day. At the end of the competition, all entries will be judged by a panel of experts who will ultimately decide on the winners of the 2016 Class B6 Districts.

The AHS One Act crew and cast have prepared for this final event since day one, and look forward to competing in the District meet again this year. Come join and support the team at their public performances, or maybe even districts!