Mr. Amill: BAC Para

Oryanna Trout, Staff Writer

Mr. Tony Amill is a para professional in the B.A.C here in Alliance high school. He was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois. He joined the military right out of high school in 1971 before attending college via the Community College of the Air Force during active duty. He worked as a Computer Systems Supervisor for Air Force Global Weather and received his associates degree in electronics from Metro Community College in Omaha, Nebraska in 1991.

Shortly after retiring from the United States Air Force, he went to work for IBM, a computer hardware company, as a Computer Technician for ten years in Omaha. He met Mary Theresa Green in 2004 and they soon married.They moved to Alliance to raise their son, Jonah, who is now ten years old. He worked for the Alliance Family YMCA in various capacities for a ten year span before he resigned and accepted his current position as a para in the B.A.C at the start of second semester in the 2015-2016 school year.

He’s always wanted to be a guiding force in the lives of young people. His interests in teaching involve anything that will help the students, including providing needed advice. In his free time, he enjoys watching NFL and MLB, and occasionally coaching his son’s football team.