Mr. Shroyer: Business

Safyre Yearling, Staff Writer

What has two thumbs and can be described using a popular Nebraska vegetable? None other than Mr. Luke “Corny Guy” Shroyer, the newest face of the business-teaching department.

Mr. Shroyer was born and raised in Parker, Colorado, about 20 miles south of Denver. In school, Mr. Shroyer was most influenced by his 11th grade literature teacher, Mr. Larson, who became someone Shroyer was inspired to be like in the classroom. Along with Mr. Larson, he found singer/songwriter, Bob Dylan to be another role model for him because of everything he stood for and his incredible music.

After graduating from Chaparral High School in Parker, in 2010, Shroyer migrated to Lincoln. Before deciding on business and teaching, he aspired to be a marine biologist or somewhere in the field of agricultural business. While in Lincoln, he attended UNL, as a business major. He had always wanted to do something important, so he then chose to go into teaching. Mr. Shroyer graduated from UNL in 2015.

After graduating, he applied for the job to teach business classes to 9th through 12th grades, in Alliance, where he adores the friendly and welcoming community. Mr. Shroyer pegged accounting as his favorite class to teach, as he feels it’s an important class and not many schools provide it like AHS does.

As far as his goals for this school year, Mr. Shroyer hopes to get to know his students and make an impact in the classroom. Thus far, many students find Mr. Shroyer to be their favorite teacher and look forward to Fridays, when he cracks one of his infamous corny jokes.