2014 December Upcoming Music

Vada Burri, Staff Writer

The year of 2014 has finally reached an end, and music is huge as usual. Due to marketing schemes, not much music is ever released in December. However, there are a few worthy artists that have an album waiting to be released.

Wu-Tang Clan- A Better Tomorrow– December 2nd

A Better Tomorrow is the sixth studio album by American hip hop group Wu-Tang Clan. The album was released on December 2, 2014, by Warner Bro Records. The album was supported by the singles “Keep Watch”, “Ron O’Neal” and “Ruckus in B Minor.”

wu-tang-clan-a-better-tomorrow

French Montana– Mac & Cheese: The album– December 16th

Mac & Cheese: The Album is the upcoming second studio album by American recording artist French Montana. The album is scheduled to be released in December 2014. The album is expected to feature Kanye West, Macklemore, Will.I.Am and Rick Ross. It was originally intended to be a mixtape (fourth in the series) but in an interview with Rolling Stone, he declared that it will act as his second album instead.

french-montana-tracklist-vibe

Tyga– The Gold Album: 18th Album– December 23rd

The Gold Album: 18th Dynasty is the upcoming fourth studio album by American hip hop recording artist Tyga. The album is set to be released on December 23, 2014, by Young Money, Cash Money and Republic labels. The album features guest appearances from Justin Bieber, Young Thug, and Kanye Wes

thegoldalbum_1x

J.Cole– 2014 Forest Hills Drive – December 9th

2014 Forest Hills Drive is the upcoming third studio by American hip hop recording artist J. Cole, scheduled to be released on December 9, 2014, under Dreamville, Roc Nation and Columbia Records. The title of the album is the address of J.Cole’s childhood home where he grew up with his mom. Shortly after graduating high school in 2003, the home was foreclosed while J.Cole attended St. Johns University in New York City. In 2014, the rapper re-bought the house, marking J.Cole’s first home purchase.

j-cole-2014-forest-hills-drive-1416260633

The albums stood out in the month of December, due to the fact that hardly any popular albums are released in the month. The year of excessively distinct or unusual music has just about ended, and pieces of the music scene were strong and worth listening to. Certain specific artists would rather pull publicity stunts and they would slightly avoid the music, but for the artists attempting to experiment with the music and reach out to new fans, they were recognized deeply and they’ve earned a spot in the music business.