Miss Brennen: Algebra 1

Makayla Goss, Staff Writer

This year at Alliance High school we have a lot of changes. The one big change is our new staff. We have introduced a lot of staff this year: five teachers, four secretaries and lunch staff. One of our teachers here at Alliance High school is Miss Brennan, who teaches Pre-Algebra, and Algebra 1. Miss Brennan, who has lived in the Alliance area most of  her life, went to Saint Agnes but graduated from Alliance High school.  Brennan went to junior college at Mid-Plains until she switched and started at Chadron State College, where she got her degree in K-12 PE and 8-9 Math. 

This is her second year teaching, but first year in math. She had previously taught physical education. She  is  excited to be teaching in Alliance and is enjoying seeing her brother in the halls. She stated she is  nervous about a new job, “new jobs can always be scary”. Brennan’s favorite thing about teaching is  helping influence kids and helping them achieve their goals. Her least favorite thing about teaching is seeing kids  who come in already having a negative view on math without giving it  a try. She also doesn’t like kids who always misbehave.

In Miss Brennan’s free time she is doing anything and everything outside. She loves to play sports and help her family on their ranch, which they own in Ellsworth. “I love working on the ranch with my family,” she stated.  Brennan is nervous but mostly excited about this opportunity that she hopes to make the best of! The SPUD welcomes her back to AHS and wishes her the best of luck!