October Movies: To Be Released

Morgan Johnston, Column Editor

October is here and so are the horror movies, Halloween specials, and late night movie marathons. This month is the time to come out with movies that make you jump out of your seat. They are not going to disappoint this year.

Annabelle – October 3

If you haven’t seen the Conjuring, stop what you’re doing and go watch it. Be warned you might want someone to watch it with you; it’s one of the scariest movies of the 21st Century. This month Annabelle is coming out which is a doll that is featured in the Conjuring. The movie is about a couple and their newborn baby being haunted by a demonic presence, which came with the new vintage doll that had entered their lives. Not much else can be said, because it would give away the movie and that would irritate a lot of people.

The Good Lie – October 3

From the producer of the Blind Side brings the story of three boys who traveled thousands of miles away from home to find safety. They were known as “The Lost Boys,” orphaned by the Civil War in Sudan in the year 1983. Fifteen years later, Carrie Davis (Reese Witherspoon) makes an effort to save the others left behind when the program was cut due to the 9/11 terrorists attacks. More than 3,600 lost boys and girls would go to America for safety from Sudan. The Good Lie is a movie about their survival and triumph.

The Book of Life – October 17

This is a story about life, death and love. Set in a colorful world this animated film follows a young man who must face his fears and follow his dreams in order to rewrite his destiny. Filled with love, laughter and suspense the film is great for the whole family. It reminds everyone of the importance of the past while embracing the future. Many described it as Romeo and Juliet set against The Day of the Dead.

The Best of Me – October 17

For those of you familiar with Nicholas Sparks I’m sure you heard of The Best of Me, this is about two high school sweethearts that find their back to each other twenty years later. Will you watch them fall in love all over again?

Ouija – October 24

Dark forces take one of their friend’s life and they want to talk to her again. Now they have to face their most terrifying fears when they reawaken the same force that took their friend. By using the Ouija board they found in their dead friend’s house they go on the most frightening journey of their life.

Also This Month

Don’t miss the other movies that hit the theater this month, such as Gone Girl with Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike. A story about a husband losing his wife, but as the accusations fly it gets harder to find the truth about what happened to his wife.

Gone Girl                    October 3

Addicted                     October 10

Dracula Untold         October 10

The Judge                  October 10

Fury                            October 17

John Wick                  October 24

Nightcrawler              October 31