PRESS RELEASE FOR AHS ONE ACT!

Scene Three; Dance Scene

Peyton Stoike, Junior Website Editor

Join us for a sneak peek of the one-act play!

Alliance High School will preview the one-act play

as a fundraiser for the one-act program

What:           Romeo, You Idiot

A one-act comedy by Tim Kochenderfer

Who:             Alliance High School One-Act Cast and Crew

When:           Friday, November 13, 2015          7:00 pm

Saturday, November 14, 2015      7:00 pm

Where:         Alliance High School Performing Arts Center

Cost:             Adults: $5.00        APS FACULTY & STAFF: FREE!

Students and Seniors:   $4.00

(Children 10 and under are free)

Nothing could come between Romeo and Juliet. Not bitter family rivalries, not rattlesnakes, not even the wooings of an alleged vampire could tear them apart. Yes, the love of Romeo and Juliet could survive anything. Well, except for poison. Romeo, You Idiot is a modern, hilarious spoof of Shakespeare’s original.

Thirty-three Alliance High School students are involved in the 2015 one-act production. The play director is Mary Theresa Green. Elaine Bleisch has graciously volunteered her time and talent to help with assistant directing and costume design. Debe Miller is the sign language interpreter and all-around helper. Austin Pfeiffer is the student lighting designer. Pablo Ballano, a foreign exchange student from Spain, is creating the music and sound effects for the production. Kathy Lybarger has choreographed a special dance for the Capulet party scene. This is a fun, lively comedy that is suitable for all ages!

Tickets for our local “sneak peek” fundraiser may be purchased at the door.

Please note: Our students will also perform this play at the B-6 District Competition in Chadron at Chadron State College Memorial Hall on Saturday, December 5. The performance time for Alliance is 1:30 pm MST. Ticket costs for Districts are $5 for adults and $4 for students.  Please arrive on time for the District competition performance, as late seating is never allowed. We hope to have lots of folks from Alliance at the District performance!