2021 National Honor Society Induction

Brooklyn Branstiter, Editor

Being a member of the National Honor Society is a huge accomplishment. The students who are accepted into NHS are at the top of their class with not only academic achievements but are also included in a multitude of activities in their school and community. The four National Honor Society Pillars are scholarship, service, leadership and charity. There were eleven students at Alliance High School who showed these qualities and were newly inducted on Tuesday, October 19 at 7 p.m.  

Last year following the induction ceremony, this year’s officers were elected. Shelbee Burke is the NHS president, Brooklyn Branstiter is the Vice President, Leyton Schnell is the Secretary, Wade Sanders is the Service Project Coordinator and Emma Wood is in charge of Public Relations. Including the officers, there were fifteen members inducted last year. 

The induction began with Burke welcoming those in attendance and led in the Pledge of Allegiance. Next, Schnell shared a small background of National Honor Society. Following this, Branstiter presented a brief history of the Newberry Pate Chapter of NHS. Burke then talked about how important membership is in NHS. Sanders and Wood took over the microphone and discussed what the four pillars of NHS meant. After that, all current members and new inductees recited the NHS Pledge. Branstiter then read off all new inductees’ names and Burke handed out their certificates and pins. AHS principal Mr. Clear proceeded this with parting remarks, and the ceremony ended with Burke inviting everyone to the commons for a reception that included cookies, tea and lemonade. 

New Inductees:

Seniors – Valeria Carrillo, Dalton Krug, Aiden Zaro

Juniors – Delaney Childers, Annaka Digmann, Abraham Gomez, Carver Hauptman, Harsimran Kaur, Kaigan McBride, Jayda Meyring, Kenna Montes

The SPUD would like to congratulate all new inductees on being accepted into NHS! All of your determination and hard work has paid off!