• The Alliance Track Invite is Tuesday, April 16 at 10:30.

• See Ms. Garwood if you are interested in applying for the health cadet program!

• Key Club thanks you for your participation in the recent blood drive and saving lives

• This month's book to movie selection is The Hate U Give. Group discussions will start the week of April 8

Classes : Hardest/Most Beneficial

Classes : Hardest/Most Beneficial

Nikki Haller, Staff Writer

High-school is full of different classes varying in difficulty. Each high-schooler has different perspectives on what classes are easy and which ones are hard; however, each grade seems to have ideas on which is the hardest and which is the easiest and most beneficial.

I sent a poll out to all the students asking which classes they thought were the most difficult, as well as most beneficial throughout the grades they have completed and their current grade. The most challenging class for freshman was Physical Science taught by Mr. Allison and Mr. Custer, and the most beneficial was Info Tech, taught by Mrs. Harris. A freshman, Shelbee Burke, said “English is my most challenging class because of the variety of stuff we do. Intro to business is my most beneficial because I’m learning skills I’ll be able to use in the future for the workforce.”

The most challenging class for sophomores was English, taught by Mr. Wurdeman, and the most beneficial was Biology, taught by Mr. Allison. A sophomore, McKenzie Robinson, said “English is my most challenging class because Mr. Wurdeman expects a lot and the books we read aren’t the easiest. Journalism is my most beneficial class because Mrs. Digmann is really there for her students and we get to learn how to talk to people face to face with interviews and such.”

The most challenging class for juniors was Pre-Calc, taught by Mr. Seebohm and the most beneficial one was Moneywise, taught by Mrs. Stark. A junior, Maycee Quick, said “Pre-Calc is my most challenging class because it’s like another language. College Bio is my most beneficial because I hope to go into the medical field and be a nurse practitioner.”

The most challenging class for seniors was Economics, taught by Mrs. Schultz and the most beneficial was English, taught by Mrs. Digmann. A senior, Madison Gibson, said “College Biology is my most challenging class because we move so fast. Usually a week involves, a lab, an essay, a study guide, and then the test on Friday. There aren’t many lectures either so you really have to read the whole chapter and take extra quizzes online to pass the test. Anatomy and Physiology are my most beneficial classes because I see it as a start up for my college career. I am going into a medical field and I need that class. It also gives me more information on my other classes that I need to take, such as Medical Terminology.”

It is clear to see that over the course of four years, each student will find a certain class difficult and a certain class beneficial. While this may be different for everyone, there is proof that some classes just require a little more work, but there are several that are very beneficial here at AHS.

Nikki Haller, Staff Writer

Hi everybody! I'm Nikki Haller. I am a sophomore at AHS and this is my first year writing for the SPUD. I am the 15 year old daughter of Tonya Haller and...