One Act: Theatre Day

Mareesa Buskirk, Staff Writer

On Thursday, October 5,  the One Act cast was able to attend Theatre Day at Chadron State College. Theatre day is a convention, which has workshops that include a makeup, an improv, and some technology workshops. Students have the opportunity to attend two of these workshops and after,  are able to watch the play that the Chadron State students have put together. This year the CSC students did the play Charley’s Aunt. Trajan Garcia, a graduate from Alliance High school, was one of the leads in the play!

There were many popular workshops that were extremely hard to get into. These included the improv, theatre game, makeup, and British accent.  Literally, all you saw were people sprinting to get to the workshop they want. There was the workshop that was one most unpopular, the backstage workshop. I personally did have to go to this workshop because I wasn’t able to make my way to a workshop I wanted to go to, and to my surprise, it was way more fun than I thought it would be.

The play was a blast as well, and very interesting. The Victorian-style play was an extremely fun to watch.  Many students enjoyed them, except for maybe Mackenzie Brodrick, who jokingly said and I quote, “Seriously, two ten minute intermissions!” when talking about the extra intermission time.

Senior, Mackenzie Brodrick, joking about the intermissions

I encourage many students to join One Act. It’s an enjoyable time and will bring you out of your shell. You also are able to go on some fun trips, including theatre day, forget. Don’t forget to come and support our One-Act play “The Fisherman and His Wife” on November 30th.