• SENIORS!! Turn in a quote, baby picture, and senior picture to Safyre Yearling!

• Great job this season, volleyball girls!

• Seniors! Log onto Naviance to view all available scholarships!

Moving on up

Tilie Vaughn, Staff Writer

The end of the year is exciting for all grades, but especially for the seniors and 8th graders as they graduate from their grade just to return in the fall starting all over again.

The 8th graders had their continuation ceremony on May 19, which was to celebrate completing all of the requirements of middle school and going to high school. The event started with the principal of the middle school , Mr. Mach congratulating the 8th graders on their achievements and wishing them luck in the future.

I thought Celebration went amazingly, and I feel this 8th grade class has the potential to do great things academically and athletically throughout their high school careers,” said Mr. Mach.

The 7th and 8th grade Dynamic performing arts class then preformed Homeward Bound. As the night was coming to a close, a video of captured moments of the 8th grade class was played. Baby pictures, 8th grade pictures, and regular school pictures were put in the slideshow to show how much they have changed.

Fear and excitement for the years to come is the thought that was in the mind of Jordan Vaughn, an 8th grader continuing on to high school. Getting behind in classes and passing the classes are some of the fears and hopes she’s worried about when approaching that final finish line of her middle school career.

“Don’t take middle school for granted, high school is going to be harder than we think”, said Jordan.

Even though no names were called or diplomas given out, the continuation  ceremony was something that the 8th graders were looking forward too. The whole time excitement seemed to be oozing from the front section as the students gathered in anticipation for what was to come. The whole night seemed to be buzzing with electricity as the 8th graders became freshman.