• Graduation will be held on Sunday, May 14 at 2pm at Bulldog Stadium!

• Good luck to Alliance Track & Field at districts on May 11th!

• SENIORS!! Make sure to get your baby pictures to Mrs. Brock by the end of the month!

Don’t Judge

Tilie Vaughn, Staff Writer

With the seasons changing, relationships are beginning to grow. The one thing that never seems to change is the constant judgement between teenagers today. Judgment comes in many different shapes and sizes, but judgement amongst teenagers seem to be most severe.

Judgement can be seen in something as simple as judging what a person is wearing or can be seen in a more harsh way, such as judging a person’s past or personal lives. Ms. Smith’s Creative Writing II class had a first hand experience in facing their past and possible judgement with a “Notecard confession” assignment. The students were instructed to take note cards and write about something that has affected them and helped mold them into who they are. By doing this, they were able to start to face some of their issues in life.

Judgment is a current thing that can be seen in any high school. Braden Honstein, one of the seniors in Creative Writing II,  agrees that judgement is not a good thing and does not support it. He believes judgement towards looks, athletics, and a person’s everyday activities affect relationships in a bad way. Judgment affects what people think about themselves and others around them and can change close, healthy friendships in to acquaintances. Judgement is a hard thing to see and deal with but you can obsess over it and let it consume you or you can get over it and live your life. In Braden’s words “you just do you and keep living your dreams.”

People’s first impressions mean a lot, but the way you view them should not be based on just appearance. Before you make an assessment on the kind of person you think someone is, you should stop and get to know them first.  There will always be people who judge you, but if they don’t want to see who the real you is, that’s their loss.