Helping Others

Helping+Others

Tilie Vaughn, Staff Writer

On Tuesday, November 1, Alliance High School students helped save lives by donating their blood.  

Originally, fifty-seven students signed up, but due to some illnesses and activities that day they had to cancel thirteen students and staff appointments. United Blood Services realized that they got behind and were very apologetic. They took full responsibility for the timing problem and plan to send additional crews in the spring.  

Even though the blood drive had to drop some students there was still a lot of blood donated. Jeremy, the blood service coordinator stated the following, “ We had a goal of thirty-eight donations and forty-seven products and we actually collected thirty-two donations and forty products. That is awesome and the lives saved and touched are countless. The Alliance High School team should be extremely proud.”

The spring drive is predicted to go very well.  Last year the, United Blood Service sent two crews and were on time covering almost 70 appointments. United Blood Services raves about our students and staff.  Alliance High School had one of their most successful drives and the organization is very shocked that this is possible, especially just from within the confinements of our school and do not reach out to the community.

Ms Smith, the head of the Key Club, and organizer of school functions, such as the blood drive stated, “I am very proud of our kids.  They show up, don’t complain and do their best.  They are polite and proud.”

The students show up, help out and are willing to do it all over again.