• Come support the boys basketball team as they take on St. Thomas Moore this Friday at 3:30 pm!

• Seniors!!! Send your senior and baby pictures to Madison Gibson or Mrs. Brock by April for the yearbook!

• WNCC spring registration is now open.

• Any girl interested in going out for tennis, there will be a meeting in the art room after school on December 13.

• Come support the girls basketball team as they take on St. Thomas Moore this Thursday at 3:30 pm!

Farewell to the Great Teachers of Alliance High School

Sharia Williamson, Staff Writer

In high school, nobody is a stranger to saying their final farewells. The seniors are graduating, students are moving, and teachers are getting new jobs elsewhere. Everybody talks about “losing their favorite senior”, but what about a favorite teacher? Here at Alliance High School, we are in no way foreign to new teachers. Every year, we see a great deal of new teachers who come in to replace the teacher before them, but what causes a teacher to leave? Is it the school? Students? Possibly the administration, wrong timing or is it simply a personal decision?

There are many teachers throughout the school who are resigning and the most well known of those leaving is the business teacher, Mr. Shroyer. When asked, Mr. Shroyer why he has chosen to resign, he replied with, “We are moving to Utah so that my girlfriend, Kaylan, can go to PA school there at Rocky Mountain University.” When asked if he feels that he is being supportive of Kaylan by moving he said, “It is just nice to have someone there you know and you can depend on, while doing so.” Mr. Shroyer also shared with me that he is “going to be a careers teacher at North West Middle School, while Kaylan goes to school”.

Along with Mr. Shroyer, Mrs. Lewandowski, the careers teacher, is also resigning. I took the liberty to ask when she was planning on moving. She replied, “I am moving in about 3 weeks, so about in the middle of June.” She then stated that she is moving “to a small town called Morrill, Iowa. Morrill is around the Sioux City area”. Finally, I ended my questions and asked Mrs. Lewandowski why she has chosen to leave Alliance High School. At first she was not sure how to answer, but after a few moments of thinking she replied, ”So that my significant other and I can be closer to our kids. My kids live in Grand Island and his kids and parents live nearby as well. So I guess to just to be closer to family overall.”

Along with the couple teachers mentioned above, Mrs. Garcia, Spanish teacher, Ms. West, sophomore English teacher, math teachers Mrs. McMillin and Ms. Cape, Mr. Bailey, activities director, and finally Mr. Kramer, woods teacher, are all resigning and parting ways from Alliance High School. All the teachers who are employed, for only a few last days and the ones who are employed for years to come, have all done an outstanding job this year and we, the students, thank you for your hard work and most importantly putting up with us. We wish you well on your new careers and say our final farewells. You will be missed.

Sharia Williamson, Senior Editor

Hey! My name is Sharia Williamson. I am a seventeen year old student here at Alliance High School, and the senior editor, for the SPUD.

After I graduate...