• The Alliance Track Invite is Tuesday, April 16 at 10:30.

• See Ms. Garwood if you are interested in applying for the health cadet program!

• Key Club thanks you for your participation in the recent blood drive and saving lives

• This month's book to movie selection is The Hate U Give. Group discussions will start the week of April 8

Twin Cities Invite

Twin Cities Invite

Nikki Haller, Staff Writer

This past weekend, the Alliance Volleyball team competed in the Twin Cities Invite. The team placed 2nd out of the 12 teams, although Alliance only played 6 teams: McCook, Ogallala, Scottsbluff, Sidney, Thunder Basin, and the Rapid City Stevens.

The Bulldogs competed fiercely. The girls went into the tournament with the record 10-2 and came out 15-3. On Friday, they went undefeated. On Saturday, they also were undefeated until the championship game. It came down to Rapid City Stevens and the Alliance Bulldogs. Unfortunately, the Bulldogs fell short of the victory. The first set was 25-23, and the second set was 23-16. After the tournament ended, they learned that it was the first time the Alliance Volleyball team had placed in the top 4 of this tournament. The girls couldn’t have been more proud.

After interviewing head coach, Jessica Kaiser, about her thoughts on this weekend, she stated “They played very well this weekend, there was lots of improvement and we especially bounced back from last weekend. Placing 2nd is a huge accomplishment, I know they’re disappointed, but they placed top 4.” When asked about the girls placing top 4, she said “I am very excited for them, very excited for the accomplishment. It was a very good tournament, it was great to see them ready to compete.” She also included, “Our defense was definitely the highlight of this weekend, for sure. But, we will continue to work on it along with serve and serve receive. Continue to polish some stuff up, always room for improvement!”

Overall, the Bulldogs had a great weekend. They will face Sidney on October 4, and Western Conference, October 6, at AHS. Good luck girls!

Nikki Haller, Staff Writer

Hi everybody! I'm Nikki Haller. I am a sophomore at AHS and this is my first year writing for the SPUD. I am the 15 year old daughter of Tonya Haller and...