• Come support the boys basketball team as they take on St. Thomas Moore this Friday at 3:30 pm!

• Seniors!!! Send your senior and baby pictures to Madison Gibson or Mrs. Brock by April for the yearbook!

• WNCC spring registration is now open.

• Any girl interested in going out for tennis, there will be a meeting in the art room after school on December 13.

• Come support the girls basketball team as they take on St. Thomas Moore this Thursday at 3:30 pm!

Twin Cities Invite

Twin Cities Invite

Nikki Haller, Staff Writer

This past weekend, the Alliance Volleyball team competed in the Twin Cities Invite. The team placed 2nd out of the 12 teams, although Alliance only played 6 teams: McCook, Ogallala, Scottsbluff, Sidney, Thunder Basin, and the Rapid City Stevens.

The Bulldogs competed fiercely. The girls went into the tournament with the record 10-2 and came out 15-3. On Friday, they went undefeated. On Saturday, they also were undefeated until the championship game. It came down to Rapid City Stevens and the Alliance Bulldogs. Unfortunately, the Bulldogs fell short of the victory. The first set was 25-23, and the second set was 23-16. After the tournament ended, they learned that it was the first time the Alliance Volleyball team had placed in the top 4 of this tournament. The girls couldn’t have been more proud.

After interviewing head coach, Jessica Kaiser, about her thoughts on this weekend, she stated “They played very well this weekend, there was lots of improvement and we especially bounced back from last weekend. Placing 2nd is a huge accomplishment, I know they’re disappointed, but they placed top 4.” When asked about the girls placing top 4, she said “I am very excited for them, very excited for the accomplishment. It was a very good tournament, it was great to see them ready to compete.” She also included, “Our defense was definitely the highlight of this weekend, for sure. But, we will continue to work on it along with serve and serve receive. Continue to polish some stuff up, always room for improvement!”

Overall, the Bulldogs had a great weekend. They will face Sidney on October 4, and Western Conference, October 6, at AHS. Good luck girls!

Nikki Haller, Staff Writer

Hi everybody! I'm Nikki Haller. I am a sophomore at AHS and this is my first year writing for the SPUD. I am the 15 year old daughter of Tonya Haller and...