• There will be a boys basketball meeting in Coach Bakers room (209) Wednesday at lunch. Pizza and water will be provided.

• Come support our volleyball team at the Pilfold Invite Saturday, October 20, at 9 a.m.

• There will be a speech team meeting in Mrs. Green's room Wednesday, October 17, after school

• There is no school on Friday, October 19

Twin Cities Invite

Nikki Haller, Staff Writer

This past weekend, the Alliance Volleyball team competed in the Twin Cities Invite. The team placed 2nd out of the 12 teams, although Alliance only played 6 teams: McCook, Ogallala, Scottsbluff, Sidney, Thunder Basin, and the Rapid City Stevens.

The Bulldogs competed fiercely. The girls went into the tournament with the record 10-2 and came out 15-3. On Friday, they went undefeated. On Saturday, they also were undefeated until the championship game. It came down to Rapid City Stevens and the Alliance Bulldogs. Unfortunately, the Bulldogs fell short of the victory. The first set was 25-23, and the second set was 23-16. After the tournament ended, they learned that it was the first time the Alliance Volleyball team had placed in the top 4 of this tournament. The girls couldn’t have been more proud.

After interviewing head coach, Jessica Kaiser, about her thoughts on this weekend, she stated “They played very well this weekend, there was lots of improvement and we especially bounced back from last weekend. Placing 2nd is a huge accomplishment, I know they’re disappointed, but they placed top 4.” When asked about the girls placing top 4, she said “I am very excited for them, very excited for the accomplishment. It was a very good tournament, it was great to see them ready to compete.” She also included, “Our defense was definitely the highlight of this weekend, for sure. But, we will continue to work on it along with serve and serve receive. Continue to polish some stuff up, always room for improvement!”

Overall, the Bulldogs had a great weekend. They will face Sidney on October 4, and Western Conference, October 6, at AHS. Good luck girls!