New Faces To Lead Volleyball Program

New+Faces+To+Lead+Volleyball+Program+

Carissa Adamson, Staff Writer

The AHS volleyball team is very excited to have two new coaches this year! Coach Hiemstra is the varsity volleyball coach and Coach Sautter has taken the freshman position. Along with other things Coach Hiemstra said it is the team’s philosophy “to strive to bring each individual to their fullest potential.” Coach Hiemstra graduated from Alliance High School and has been a part of the program for a long time. She loves coaching volleyball because she gets to know each student or player individually; they aren’t just her students. This year, there are new strategies, a new defense, and there is work towards a quicker offense. The team is bringing back traditional strategies as well, like returning to basic fundamentals. Coach Hiemstra started coaching because she loves volleyball and she thought it would be a fun way to get involved. She has also coached tennis and was the junior high track coach and basketball assistant coach in past years.

Coach Sautter is coaching the freshman team. His philosophy is to help athletes to mature as players, people and citizens. He enjoys working with athletes, teaching them about the game and getting to know the players as people. The freshman are also learning new strategies and are also bringing some old ones back. He started coaching because he loved athletics when he was in school, the nature of the game and the competition was a lot of fun! . He also coached football, girl’s basketball, golf and volleyball in years past. Both coaches are doing a great job! With all the hard work, the volleyball girls will have a great season this year!