CSC Lockdown

CSC+Lockdown

Liz Johnston, Staff Writer

On Saturday, January 24th, 2015 Chadron State College campus was on lock down for 6 hours, as they searched for a possibly armed suspect. The lockdown all started after officers arrested a sixteen year old who was in connection with a stolen vehicle. The sixteen year old told the officers that there was another suspect who was possibly armed. The Dawes County Sheriff’s office and the Nebraska state patrol helped search for the possibly suspect with a search dog. The sixteen year old finally told officers that he was alone and the lockdown was called off.

There was a men’s basketball game that night but the officers didn’t announce it to the public, they waited for the game to be over and then the students were allowed back into their dorms after showing their Chadron State identification card. No one was allowed out of their dorms and they had to stay under lock down rules until they were told the lockdown was over.

There were a lot of people that helped with this situation including the Chadron State College security on campus and the Rapid City police. The sixteen year old was arrested on a two felony charges, one being terrorist threats and the other being theft by unlawful taking. He was also charged with three misdemeanors one being unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, false reporting and the third being refusal of a chemical test. The sixteen year old is being held at the Scottsbluff County Detention Center in Gering.