• Graduation will be held on Sunday, May 14 at 2pm at Bulldog Stadium!

• Good luck to Alliance Track & Field at districts on May 11th!

• SENIORS!! Make sure to get your baby pictures to Mrs. Brock by the end of the month!

Heist Society

Heist Society

Can Katarina Bishop and her crew of teenage thieves pull of the biggest heist in their lives?

Our Rating: A

What's Your Rating of Heist Society?

http://refractedlightreviews.com/?p=4450

Krista Carter, Staff Writer

The New York Times bestselling author of Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy, Ally Carter, has released a second series for young adults, called Heist Society, a fun and easy read for those who enjoy adventure and mystery novels.

Heist Society is about a group of teenage thieves and con artists. The main character, Katarina Bishop, escapes the family business of thieving by fleeing to a boarding school. Kat only wants to have a normal life and the Colgan School provides that opportunity, until her best friend Hale frames her for destroying personal property of the headmaster. Hale busts Kat out of Colgan to bring her back into the thieves world and to save her dad, as he has been accused of stealing a dangerous mobster’s collection of prized paintings.

That sets Kat and her crew of teenage thieves into motion. They have to locate the paintings and return them to the bad guy. There is just one small problem: the paintings are located in the most secure museum in the world. Now Kat’s crew has two weeks to plan the biggest heist in their lives and to save Kat’s father.

Similar to Carter’s other works, Heist Society is a thrilling read filled with humor, adventure, and a just a touch of romance. Although the book is written at an early high school level, it does not detract from the overall quality of the novel. The plot has enough twists to keep the reader flipping through the pages. Katarina Bishop is a character similar to the protagonist of Carter’s “Gallagher Girls” series, Cammie Morgan. Both characters are smart and strong-willed, however, Kat is a thief, not a spy. Heist Society, like the “Gallagher Girls” series focuses on friendship and family.

Ally Carter lives and writes in the Midwest. She is a graduate of both Oklahoma State University and Cornell University. She has written 5 books for her “Gallagher Girls” series including: I’d Tell You I Love You, But Then I’d Have to Kill You, Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy, Don’t Judge a Girl By Her Cover, Only the Good Spy Young, and Out of Sight, Out of Time. Ally has just released her third book for the “Heist Society” series including: Heist Society, Uncommon Criminals, and Perfect Scoundrels. She also released Double Crossed, a novella that introduces Kat to the Gallagher Girls.

Heist Society is just a great book. The characters are well developed, the plot is interesting, and Ally Carter’s writing style is charming and humorous. Overall, I would recommend this book to anyone who likes page-turning mysteries.