Mrs. Vicky Joule: Science

Mrs. Vicky Joule: Science

Zachary Placek, Staff Writer

Mrs. Vicki Joule teaches general biology, honors biology, college biology, and zoology. She says her favorite part about teaching biology is “getting to do the fun stuff, such as labs”.

Joule graduated from Abraham Lincoln High School, located in Denver, Colorado, in 1972. After high school, she attended college at the University of Colorado to earn her degree in teaching. It took three and a half years to earn her Bachelor’s degree, and a year and a half to earn her Master’s degree. She attended UNC because it is located in her home state of Colorado. When she chose her profession, she started out as a research biologist, then took multiple teacher certification classes to meet the graduation credit requirements. She taught at Denver Public Schools Outdoor Education facility, then, she went on to teach in Port Washington, New York, and Victoria, Kansas, before moving to Alliance.  

Mrs. Joule moved to Alliance because her husband, James Joule, was a writer for the Alliance Times Herald. She has lived here for 19 years and has a daughter, Cami, graduated from Alliance High School. Cami is currently a Captain in the Air Force in Flight Medicine. During the summer, Mrs. Joule loves to travel. Her favorite place that she has been to is Alaska. She also likes to sew and read. When Alliance High has snow days, she likes to bake, especially gingerbread houses.