• Graduation will be held on Sunday, May 14 at 2pm at Bulldog Stadium!

• Good luck to Alliance Track & Field at districts on May 11th!

• SENIORS!! Make sure to get your baby pictures to Mrs. Brock by the end of the month!

Going Back to Memory Lane

Hayley Adams, Staff Writer

The school year is coming to an abrupt end and can you believe how fast it has gone? School has offered many opportunities throughout our lifetime giving us new knowledge and allowing us to try to find an interest in something. Each year it gets harder and harder, but that is to prepare us for when we have to face a crisis in the real world some day.

Now let’s take a trip down memory lane. Remember the days in elementary when our main responsibilities were watching the caterpillars turn to butterflies, sitting quiet during story time, making sure to clean up, and completing the twenty question addition problems? As children, we had no worries. We did not care what we looked like or what type of friends we had as long as we were having fun. Our main focus was always listening for the lunch or recess bell.

Eventually, we start to grow up a little more. We go to the big and bad middle school. Do you remember your first day? You walk into the school your first time and it’s weird. You see the lockers everywhere and you’re happy because you no longer have to use a hook, but then the fear rises as you realize you will have to memorize a schedule. To us, it seemed impossible. We weren’t sure how we were going to find our classes, but we did and we got past it. In middle school we gained more responsibility. We had to read bigger books, learn more subjects, and have homework. Still we had the same friends from elementary and for the most part, we got along. It was the same thing every year just different material. Then, you get to seventh grade and you finally get to participate in sports. It’s your first year, so you decide to participate in everything. It becomes your everyday routine after school and you get excited on game day because you get out of class early. After each year, you fail to realize how fast life is passing with all the new experiences. Before you know it, the last day of eighth grade starts creeping up on you. It was exciting, but also terrifying to know that you would be going to high school.

Now, you’re here. You realize it’s hard work, but not as scary as you thought. The first time you walked into the school it was like middle school all over again. You had to learn the classrooms, figure out the way things worked to readjust, and now the classes consisted of students from each grade. It was intimidating to see that senior in your class because you didn’t know what they would say to you. As time went on, it became normal to be interacted with the upperclassman. Realizing that senior wasn’t going to say or do anything to you was a relief. You then become comfortable with the way things work and go on day to day. Here and there you would stress over the little things. Sometimes it was easy to get behind because you were too busy living, which allowed your motivation to deteriorate. It was easy to fall behind on school work, but the only important thing was to know how to catchup and to find something that interests you, so you would have something to carry with you in the future to come.