The End of the Lady Bulldogs Season

The End of the Lady Bulldogs Season

McKenna Romick, Staff Writer

The Alliance High basketball girls 2015-2016 season has come to an end. They truly had a season to be proud of. Many complain about how long the basketball season can seem, but many players wish it would never end. Comparing last year’s season to this year’s the Lady Bulldogs have come a long way. This year, we had a new head coach Dave Sauder who took our girls to the district championship game.

Class B districts were held in Ogallala at the new gym connected to Sky View Elementary. Class B-girls played Tuesday, February 23, Thursday the 25, and the district championship on Friday the 26.

The Lady Bulldogs ended with a record of 7-13, putting the girls in the second round of the district tournament against the McCook Bison. The girls drove up on Thursday beat the Bison 52 – 40 and came back Friday to battle the Scottsbluff Bearcats. The girls put up a fight, but ultimately lost to the Bearcats 42–26. Our Lady Bulldogs ended their season as district runner up.

This year Alliance will graduate three seniors, Cayla Tritle, Samantha Vermillion, and Madison Reiber, from the girls basketball team. Madison Reiber commented on being an Alliance High School athlete,“I have completely loved being a part of this community and representing Alliance. Sports have been my whole life since I can remember and I wouldn’t have wanted to spend all the time I have for any other town/community. Being a high school athlete is such an amazing experience and I wouldn’t have traded it for the world. Win or lose it really doesn’t matter. You won’t remember the scores, but you will remember your experiences and relationships with others.“

The SPUD congratulates the team on an exciting season!