• Graduation will be held on Sunday, May 14 at 2pm at Bulldog Stadium!

• Good luck to Alliance Track & Field at districts on May 11th!

• SENIORS!! Make sure to get your baby pictures to Mrs. Brock by the end of the month!

Summer Sports Starting to Shine

Luxie West, Staff Writer

The kickoff to summer has began with the Aftershock softball team and the Alliance Spartans baseball team. A long summer is ahead for both teams with the tournaments and games that they have throughout the summer season.

The Alliance Aftershock team has been practicing during the offseason to help get in the routine of their normal season practices. They officially started summer practice on May 15, and their first tournament will be in Lexington on May 27 and 28. Only being a week into practice, things are going smoothly and they are so much further than they were a year ago. Defensively and offensively, they have excelled immensely in practice, but now it’s time to apply  it into the games. These summer games will help lead into the fall softball season, and hopefully bring them to what they have been waiting for, a district championship. On June 3, Alliance will be holding a triangular at the Hal Murray Softball Complex. Come support the Alliance Aftershock as they take on Chadron and Gering.

The Alliance Legion Post 7 Spartans baseball team kicked off their season on April 24 with mandatory practices. The first games of the Spartan season were held during the junior tournament held in Alliance on May 19 through May 21; however, with rain canceling the games, the teams only played on Sunday, May 21. North Platte dropped out of the tournament, so the Spartans took on the Rapid City Stars on Sunday, May 21 for a doubleheader.

“I’m looking forward to being on the field with my brothers and I am also looking forward to hopefully making it back to the state tournament. Both senior and junior teams should be tough and they both have all of the tools to be successful all season long,” stated Senior catcher, Cade Pfieffer.

The Senior Spartan’s first game is was Tuesday, May 23, and the juniors also played. . The next game will be against Gering, on Wednesday, May 24 at five o’clock and seven o’clock pm.

The Alliance Aftershock and Spartans are booked with games and tournaments all summer. The teams would love it if you could come out and support. Come out and enjoy the games!