• Graduation will be held on Sunday, May 14 at 2pm at Bulldog Stadium!

• Good luck to Alliance Track & Field at districts on May 11th!

• SENIORS!! Make sure to get your baby pictures to Mrs. Brock by the end of the month!

Specialties of Alliance

Hayley Adams, Staff Writer

To some people, Alliance is just a small town, in the middle of no where, with not much to offer. At times, it can be extremely difficult to find something productive to do, but that’s when we have to get a little creative. Our town has its own unique features that help make it special; such as our brick streets that have been a part of Alliance history for many years, historical downtown buildings, and the history we offer. After all, we are nicknamed the “Best Hometown in America.”

In June 1987, citizens of Alliance came together to create what some may consider a replica of Stonehedge. This sculpture is formed from vintage American automobiles that are painted gray and is located about three miles outside of Alliance, and tourists often get a kick out of it. It consists of three standing trilithons within a circle, just as the stones of Stonehenge. There is a heel stone, slaughter stone, and two station stones. There are also additional smaller car art preserves, which are sculptures made from cars and car parts. Alliance also offers Dobby’s Frontier Town. This is a place that built solely for educational purposes to teach about life during the frontier days. It displays old restored buildings ranging from houses, churches, schools, and stores. Along with antiques, and tools for visitors to view.

If you’re looking to have some fun, Alliance offers Wiggly Field Dog Park, for our furry friends to get the wiggles out, a city pool for a hot summer day, baseball fields where we can catch a fun game of summer ball, and a bowling alley.

We are also known as “the Potato Center of Nebraska”, which is why our school newspaper is titled The Spud. We have a couple museums that offer the history of Alliance. Some of the first homes and buildings that still stand are even being used. We are also able to brag and say we literally walk on history. The historical brick roads that we travel on daily were built in the 1920’s.

Furthermore, in just a couple months, the United States will experience a partial Solar Eclipse. Alliance is lucky enough to be at the center of the eclipse path. Therefore, we will have the perfect view of a total eclipse. Alliance will be able to have the opportunity to have scientists and many other visitors come here from around the world. We truly do have a special town and who knows maybe Alliance will finally gain recognition on the map.