Mr. Mangas : Special Education

Aubrie Lawrence, Staff Writer

Mr. Joseph Mangas is a new Special Education teacher here at Alliance High School. He graduated from Lexington High School in Ohio, in 1999, with his favorite subject being Social Studies. He then went on to get a Bachelors Degree in Secondary Education from Kent State University, and a Masters in Special Education from the University of Nebraska in Kearney. Mr. Mangas has been a teacher for 10 years and began working at Alliance High School at the beginning of the 2016-17 school year. He previously worked at the Middle School before coming to the high school.

Mr. Mangas was inspired to become a teacher by his 10th grade American History teacher. However, he was inspired to became a teacher because he wanted to help students be successful and he liked the high school setting.
His main goal in helping students succeed is advising them to see the value in education, even after they graduate high school. Mr. Mangas’ favorite thing about the high school is the maturity of the students.
He says, “ The hardest thing about being a teacher is keeping up with all of the paper work that comes with the job.”
Mr. Mangas is also the new bowling team sponsor, along with his wife Mrs. Mangas. When he isn’t teaching, Mr. Mangas enjoys spending time with his family.